turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

One of my wife W2 is has 1 number incorrect, we contact her employer and it's being a fix processing. What can i do now? How long usually take to fix an incorrect W2?

One of my wife W-2 is has 1 number of her SSN incorrect. We contact her employer and it's being a fix processing. The employer tax guy can't tell how long it will takes. How long it usually takes to fix an incorrect W-2? I can't wait to file my tax return. Thank you very much.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

One of my wife W2 is has 1 number incorrect, we contact her employer and it's being a fix processing. What can i do now? How long usually take to fix an incorrect W2?

Unfortunately, it is hard to say.  However, if only a number is incorrect on the W2, you can continue completing the tax return so that as soon as it is finished you can submit your return.  If they make it difficult for you to receive your corrected W2, please see TurboTaxKrisD response below.  Remember, you can call the Taxpayer Assistance Center now to expedite the process or get their advice on how to proceed, so you can send in your return earlier.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6278846

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Unfortunately, it is hard to say.  However, if only a number is incorrect on the W2, you can continue completing the tax return so that as soon as it is finished you can submit your return.  If they make it difficult for you to receive your corrected W2, please see TurboTaxKrisD response below.  Remember, you can call the Taxpayer Assistance Center now to expedite the process or get their advice on how to proceed, so you can send in your return earlier.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies