Solved: Turbotax says my return status is:progressing but below that it says you are currently preparing you return. what does that mean?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksmith3

Turbotax says my return status is:progressing but below that it says you are currently preparing you return. what does that mean?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ddaven12

Turbotax says my return status is:progressing but below that it says you are currently preparing you return. what does that mean?

If you are getting a message that you are currently preparing your tax return, the tax return is not complete. You should see a button that says 'Take me to my return". Click the button and follow the on screen instructions to submit your tax return. Your tax return is not complete and filed until you reach the end of your tax return and select the 'Transmit returns now' button. 

Note: The IRS will not begin accepting e-filed tax returns until January 29. If you file your return in TurboTax before January 29, we'll hold your return and submit it at that time.

Please reply below if you have any additional questions.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ddaven12

If you are getting a message that you are currently preparing your tax return, the tax return is not complete. You should see a button that says 'Take me to my return". Click the button and follow the on screen instructions to submit your tax return. Your tax return is not complete and filed until you reach the end of your tax return and select the 'Transmit returns now' button. 

Note: The IRS will not begin accepting e-filed tax returns until January 29. If you file your return in TurboTax before January 29, we'll hold your return and submit it at that time.

Please reply below if you have any additional questions.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings