Solved: Turbotax says my return status is:progressing but below that it says you are currently preparing you return. what does that mean?

ksmith3

Turbotax says my return status is:progressing but below that it says you are currently preparing you return. what does that mean?

ddaven12

If you are getting a message that you are currently preparing your tax return, the tax return is not complete. You should see a button that says 'Take me to my return". Click the button and follow the on screen instructions to submit your tax return. Your tax return is not complete and filed until you reach the end of your tax return and select the 'Transmit returns now' button. 

Note: The IRS will not begin accepting e-filed tax returns until January 29. If you file your return in TurboTax before January 29, we'll hold your return and submit it at that time.

Please reply below if you have any additional questions.

ddaven12