Solved: TurboTax is aware of my NEW current bank informati...

TurboTax is aware of my NEW current bank information. Maybe the IRS is not aware of.. I still havent recieved my second stimilus. Should I be expecting my stimilus in the mail or will I even get a sec

You should be receiving a check in the mail sometime on or before January 15.  However, there is no guarantee that the IRS will send the check.  If no payment is received then the payment will be on your 2020 federal tax return as a tax credit.

TurboTax does not store your bank information.  The only bank information that is available to the IRS is what was entered on your federal tax return for a direct deposit of a federal tax refund.

Go to this IRS get my payment website - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

If you do not receive any other stimulus payments by January 15, 2021, then the stimulus payment for which you are eligible to receive will be entered on your 2020 federal tax return as a tax credit on Form 1040 Line 30.

The TurboTax program will ask about stimulus payments in the Federal Review section of the program.

So i fall into the catergory in which the IRS DOESNT have my current bank information. They have anothet bank account that I CLOSED and no longer have. So should I be expecting a check before the 15th if not I can file that into my 2020 Tax Return right ..??

@teresad112 wrote:

That's a tough spot.  If you got an email from Turbotax about misdirected refunds because the IRS sent refunds to the refund transfer bank by mistake, then SBTPG will attempt to send your refund to your actual bank account if they can identify it.  If SBTPG can't identify your real bank account, the payment will be returned to the IRS and you will request the credit on your return.  See these statements

https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-news/why-havent-i-received-my-second-stimulus-check-48743/

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

If you did NOT get an email from Turbotax, then you are not affected by the IRS mistake regarding refund transfer banks.  In that case, only the IRS has information on your stimulus payment.  If they try to deposit to a closed account and it bounces, they will not issue a replacement check and you will have to claim the credit.

Check the IRS here

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment