turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax field my 2019 taxes and when i came back to see why my refund was never deposited, in the app it says i still need to sign to complete filing! Did i do something wrong or is there something

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

TurboTax field my 2019 taxes and when i came back to see why my refund was never deposited, in the app it says i still need to sign to complete filing! Did i do something wrong or is there something

We cannot see your screen, your tax return, or your account.  We cannot tell if you went all the way through the FILE section and clicked a big orange button that said "Transmit my returns now."  If you did NOT do that then you did not file your return.  You "sign" it electronically by entering your 2018 AGI, which is on line 7 of your 2018 return.  Or you enter your IRS PIN.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-return/00/270...

Your 2018 tax return shows your 2018 Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) If you filed a joint return then the AGI is the same for each of you.

Form 1040        line 7

If you are using the same TT account that you used last year, you should also be able to find this number in your Tax Home for 2018

If entering the amount from your 2018 tax return does not work, then try entering “0” instead.  If that does not work and you still cannot e-file, then print, sign, and mail your tax return.

You can get a free transcript of your past return from the IRS: 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Note: If you filed late or amended your return, your correct 2018 AGI may not be in the system.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1944348-how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online

Note:  If you mail your federal return, you will also need to mail your state return.  You will not be able to e-file your state return

IDENTITY PIN

Per the  IRS:

Taxpayers who previously have been issued an Identity Protection PIN but lost it, must use the Get an IP PIN tool to retrieve their numbers.

After that you have to watch your emails to see if the return is accepted or rejected.

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Manage cookies