turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Rich4
Returning Member

Turbo Tax and IRS Don't Agree

I filed a form 1041 using Turbo Tax Business. I recently received a refund check from the IRS with an explanation that my calculations were in error and that because of this I am due a refund. What should I do if Turbo Tax and the IRS disagree with respect to the calculations? How do I contact Intuit about this problem?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

@Rich4 wrote:

What should I do if Turbo Tax and the IRS disagree with respect to the calculations? How do I contact Intuit about this problem?

You did not explain the precise nature of the calculation issue, but you can contact TurboTax Customer Support at the link below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Rich4
Returning Member

Thank you for the response.  The issue specifically is that I received an IRS Notice CP133 along with a refund check. The IRS explanation for the refund was "We computed your tax using the Alternative Tax because it reduced your tax."  I am assuming that they are referring to the Alternative Minimum Tax because I'm not aware of any other Alternative Tax method.  I have a very simple return and can't see how there could be any confusion. My taxable income is well below the threshold for triggering the the AMT so that calculation should not even come into play.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies