turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bsb596

Where can I find if federal taxes were paid when I efiled

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ddaven12

To verify the scheduled debit date for the federal taxes due, follow the steps below: 

• Sign into your Online account.
  • Go to My TurboTax on the top left.
  • Then select My Tax Timeline. 
  • Scroll down to Some Things You Can Do and select Download All forms and worksheets.
  • The scheduled debit date is found on the Federal Information Worksheet -Part V.

During non-peak times, funds are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specify, assuming your e-filed return has already been accepted (received) by the IRS.

Due to high e-filing volume it take a few more days to process and  it can then take your bank another few days to post the debit to your account.

No worries; as long as you filed your return or extension on or before April 18, 2017 and you selected April 18, 2017 (or earlier) as your payment date, you won't get penalized for late payment.

If it has been more than 10 days after your scheduled payment date, please contact IRS e-file payment services at at 1-888-353-4537 for assistance in verifying the scheduled payment debit date.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ddaven12

To verify the scheduled debit date for the federal taxes due, follow the steps below: 

• Sign into your Online account.
  • Go to My TurboTax on the top left.
  • Then select My Tax Timeline. 
  • Scroll down to Some Things You Can Do and select Download All forms and worksheets.
  • The scheduled debit date is found on the Federal Information Worksheet -Part V.

During non-peak times, funds are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specify, assuming your e-filed return has already been accepted (received) by the IRS.

Due to high e-filing volume it take a few more days to process and  it can then take your bank another few days to post the debit to your account.

No worries; as long as you filed your return or extension on or before April 18, 2017 and you selected April 18, 2017 (or earlier) as your payment date, you won't get penalized for late payment.

If it has been more than 10 days after your scheduled payment date, please contact IRS e-file payment services at at 1-888-353-4537 for assistance in verifying the scheduled payment debit date.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies