turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my taxes last night. My employer handed me a second W-2 (we switched companies who does our paychecks) so I'm missing the first couple months but I already filed

I filed my taxes last night.  My employer handed me a second W-2 (we switched companies who does our paychecks) so I'm missing the first couple months but I already filed. What do I need to do?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

I filed my taxes last night. My employer handed me a second W-2 (we switched companies who does our paychecks) so I'm missing the first couple months but I already filed

To add the W-2:

If the return rejects you can correct and resubmit.

If the return is accepted you will need to file an amended return after it is processed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

To add the W-2:

If the return rejects you can correct and resubmit.

If the return is accepted you will need to file an amended return after it is processed.

Thank you.  Can you file the amended return on turbotax or do I need to do that elsewhere?
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

You can do it on Turbotax.  See this TurboTax site on how to amend:  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381</a>

bwa - Thank you very much for your quick and helpful answers!!!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies