turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Searching: My daughter 22, files her taxes, and didn't ck someone else is claiming me, line 5 1040, I'm sending an amend, my parents can't file, do they extend, amend ?

Do we wait for the amend to be process by the IRS or request for an extension, how long this amend will take, my daughter corrections do not required refund, just the 1040X correction, meanwhile We can send the e-file for us parents..?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KiaraE

Searching: My daughter 22, files her taxes, and didn't ck someone else is claiming me, line 5 1040, I'm sending an amend, my parents can't file, do they extend, amend ?

No, the parents do not have to wait until the amendment is complete. Amendments can take up 16 weeks. However, they will not be able to e-file because it will get rejected due to the fact that they would be trying to claim their daughter. You have the option to extend, just to e-file. Or you can go ahead and prepare your return and mail it in. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KiaraE

No, the parents do not have to wait until the amendment is complete. Amendments can take up 16 weeks. However, they will not be able to e-file because it will get rejected due to the fact that they would be trying to claim their daughter. You have the option to extend, just to e-file. Or you can go ahead and prepare your return and mail it in. 

They may just want to go ahead and mail their returns in as well.

Ive seen some amended returns not complete processing for over 5 months...IRS is way behind in processing anything that arrives by paper.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Thank you Will fo file paper...
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies