Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My 2015 and 2016 taxes are being audited and I have provided all documents to support. The IRS is penalizing me and denying several statuses. Can I please get some help?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

My 2015 and 2016 taxes are being audited and I have provided all documents to support. The IRS is penalizing me and denying several statuses. Can I please get some help?

What are they changing or denying?

They are saying that I don't qualify for HOH or EIC even though I have since my divorce in 2008.

Are you the custodial parent ?  Do the kids live with you more than 1/2 the year ?

They are changing my filing status, my dependents, my school deductions. I went from a large refund to nothing.

Yes I am. They have both lived with me full time for the last 9 years.

I have been filing the same since 2008 with TurboTax and have never had a problem.

If you have sent in papers that  supported your position and they have still denied your claim I highly suggest you seek professional assistance to fight this further since you probably have to fight this in the tax court.  Read the final determination papers to see what your next steps in the process are. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies