turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wtrzask

2014 taxes Question on line 64 of tax return

I have received a letter from IRS concerning line 64 on my return.  Claim is overclaimed withholding.  I know this field includes my income withheld. The only 1099 I can find is a 1099R. Does 1099R feed into line 64?  Can you tell me what type of items feed into line 64?
Also I do not know if I included Turbotax help in case of an audit.  How can I check if I paid for this service?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

There are many forms which may show federal income taxes withheld and all are reported on Line 64 of Form 1040.  Form W-2 and Form 1099-R are just 2 of the several as explained in the 2014 Form 1040 Line 64 instructions page 52 - <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/i1040gi--2014.pdf#page=52">https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/i1040...>

Line 64 is from W2 box 2
1099R box 4
SSA-1099 box 6
and any other 1099 forms that have federal income tax withheld on them, usually in box 4.
dmertz
Level 15

Line 64 is the sum of federal tax withholding from:

• the Forms W-2 and 1099 (including SSA and RRB) that you enter into TurboTax,
  • excess Additional Medicare Tax Withholding calculated on Form 8959,
  • backup withholding reported to you on Schedules K-1,
  • any amounts that you explicitly enter into TurboTax as withholding not shown on Forms W-2 or 1099, and
  • any amounts that you enter in forms mode as positive or negative adjustments to withholding.

Yes, the 1099-R withholding feeds into Line 64. Did you also have any W-2 or SSA-1099 forms?

Open your 2014 return and look at your 1099-R data entry in Federal Taxes; Wages and Income; Retirement to see what you entered. If it is correct, send the IRS a copy of the 1099-R form. Maybe the issuer failed tor remit the taxes to the federal govt.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies