turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nrdh17

I had to file an amended return last year. The original state return was affected. I payed back some of the return. What is the correct state return amount to list?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

I had to file an amended return last year. The original state return was affected. I payed back some of the return. What is the correct state return amount to list?

The net amount.  When entering the amount of last year's state refund on this year's tax return, use the post-amendment amount.  Example:  You received a $500 state return, then you amended it and paid back $100.  You would use $400 as the amount of state refund you received in 2017 when entering your income on this year's 2017 tax return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

The net amount.  When entering the amount of last year's state refund on this year's tax return, use the post-amendment amount.  Example:  You received a $500 state return, then you amended it and paid back $100.  You would use $400 as the amount of state refund you received in 2017 when entering your income on this year's 2017 tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies