turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bowbiz
Returning Member

I received a letter LTR 12C. i need to know what to do next u filed the same way last year and I had no problem

I meant to say I need to know what to do next
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I received a letter LTR 12C. i need to know what to do next u filed the same way last year and I had no problem

The letter should say what schedule is missing or what needs to be verified.

Please read over the letter to see exactly what they are asking for. 

Below is from IRS web site on the LTR 12C.

We are sending you this letter because we need more information to complete the processing of your individual income tax return. This information can include:
  • Missing forms or schedules to support your entries on Form 1040.
  • Verification of income, withholding, and credit amounts
  • Documentation to reconcile advance payments of the Premium Tax Credit (PTC). Please refer to PTC page for more information about letters regarding advance payments of the PTC.
What you need to do
  • Read your letter carefully and respond timely.
    • Respond to the letter, even if you disagree with the information in the letter. If you disagree, send us a letter explaining what information you think is in error. Provide the information requested in the letter.

How to respond

Your letter 0012C provides a fax number, if you want to send the information by fax. If you prefer to mail your response, send the information to the address listed at the beginning of the letter. Also, include a copy of the letter with your response.

You may want to
  • Visit  our Affordable Care Act page for more information about filing a tax return with Form 8962.

AJMcNutt

I have not received a letter 12C from the IRS and now my Healthcare premium is going way up come Jan 1.  Where can I find this letter and how can I file this form?  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies