Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The irs states that my emploer never sent them tax info on me and are holding my return.

I filed my taxes Feb 22, 2019. The IRS has sent me 2 letters. After 10 calls to them they tell me that the reason they havent issued my return is that my employer didnt sent them my information. There are 2 other employees for the company and the employer states that they sent them in with the other 2 employees.  Both employees have received their refund. What can I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The irs states that my emploer never sent them tax info on me and are holding my return.

check your copy of the W-2.  is your SSN correct.  

when you spoke to the IRS did they tell you what needed to be done.  if not call back. 

They answer to me is to just wait now to May 26th and if not fixed by then call them back!

Sounds like you have to wait for May26th before you can do anything else.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

you must have one or more copies of your W-2. Make a photocopy and send it in
Reference the letters you received from IRS.

There's nothing anyone here at TurboTax can do about this, sorry.    You may want to reach out to the Taxpayer Advocate service and see if they can help at all.

https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/contact-us
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies