The IRS sent me a letter today asking for a copy of Form 1095A, which I have available and they also want a completed Form 8962, what is this about and what do I need to

Sometimes even when your return is accepted, the IRS may need more information to complete your return. If you purchased health insurance in 2016 through Healthcare.gov or your state’s Health Insurance Marketplace, you may qualify for a tax credit based on your income. Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit, is used to determine the amount of your Premium Tax Credit.

If your return has already been efiled and accepted and it was sent in without this information, the IRS is looking for this in order to finish processing your return. You can go through the steps to amending your return in order to generate the form after the fact.

HOW TO AMEND YOUR RETURN

• Login to your TurboTax online account 
  • In the 2016 Tax Year section, click Amend (change) return
    • Note: If you see an orange Take me to my return button, you can't amend because you haven't filed yet. Just click or tap that button to open your return and make your changes.
  • In the pop-up, click Amend using TurboTax Online
  • Click Continue on the We'll help you change (amend) your return screen.
  • Follow the on-screen directions to amend your return.

HOW TO ENTER HEALTHCARE INFORMATION (FORM 1095-A) 

1. Select the Health Insurance section in the Federal Taxes tab.
  2. When asked if you had health insurance in 2016, select the option that applies to you, and Continue.
  3. When asked about being enrolled in any of these less common plans in 2016, select Yes.
  4. On the What type of plan were you enrolled in? screen, select Obamacare plan (1095-A), and then Continue.
  5. Follow the prompts to enter your 1095-A.