gmasmith76

The IRS says we owe them 3,600, on our 2017 taxes. I put an amount from a 403B withdrawal under non taxable income. Did I pay extra for audit issues?

macuser_22

Why would you think a 403(b) is not taxable?    Unless box 2a on your 1099-R was a zero then it is probably all taxable.    How did you enter it?   A 1099-R gets entered here:

Enter a 1099-R here:

Federal Taxes,
Wages & Income
(I'll choose what I work on - if that screen comes up)
Retirement Plans & Social Security,
IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R).

OR  Use the "Tools" menu (if online version left side) and then "Search Topics" for "1099-R" which will take you to the same place.

Be sure to choose which spouse the 1099-R is for if this is a joint tax return.
Be sure to pick the correct 1099-R type: Standard 1099-R, CSA-1099-R, CSF-1099-R, RRB-1099-R.

[NOTE: When you get to the "Your 1099-R Entries" screen where you can add another 1099-R, use "continue" to keep going as there are additional interview questions after that screen in most cases. You can always return as shown above.]

KarenM90

Please see the answer from macuser_22 for the answer to your question regarding the your 1099R for the withdrawal from your 403(b).  THe 403(b) reported on 1099R would generally be taxable, if you contributed pre-tax income.

If you are also asking if you purchased the Audit Defense Product, please contact Audit Defense membership information, see this link for more details and contact information:  Audit Defense Membership