turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The IRS said that they mailed my amended tax return by the 3rd of May and I haven’t received it yet and today is the 9th. I’m from Minden, La. How long does it take?????

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The IRS said that they mailed my amended tax return by the 3rd of May and I haven’t received it yet and today is the 9th. I’m from Minden, La. How long does it take?????

The release may have been authorized on the 3rd but it could take a week to be mailed out and then the USPS needs to get it to you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

The release may have been authorized on the 3rd but it could take a week to be mailed out and then the USPS needs to get it to you.

sowens124

Was just wondering how long the whole process took from the time they received it until you got your refund? Mine was received 4 weeks ago.

Amended returns can only be mailed.  It can take them 16 weeks for the IRS to process them.  And they only mail checks for refunds.   After 3 weeks you can track it here,    <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/filing/individuals/amended-returns-form-1040-x-/wheres-my-amended-return-1">http...>
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies