valentasia9545

The IRS said that they mailed my amended tax return by the 3rd of May and I haven’t received it yet and today is the 9th. I’m from Minden, La. How long does it take?????

The release may have been authorized on the 3rd but it could take a week to be mailed out and then the USPS needs to get it to you.

sowens124

Was just wondering how long the whole process took from the time they received it until you got your refund? Mine was received 4 weeks ago.

Amended returns can only be mailed.  It can take them 16 weeks for the IRS to process them.  And they only mail checks for refunds.   After 3 weeks you can track it here,    <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/filing/individuals/amended-returns-form-1040-x-/wheres-my-amended-return-1">http...>