Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Is anyone else still waiting for their refund. Mine was accepted on January 29th

The irs said for me to call after April 15th if I haven't got anything she said my review started feb 15.

Is anyone else still waiting for their refund. Mine was accepted on January 29th

Check this out.... I received a phone call three days ago informing me that I have to make another appointment to verify myself a second time. I was told they misplaced my packet and I would have to make an second appointment to be verified again. I am beyond mad & I have to wait all the way until May 21st to verify myself. They only go by appointments & that’s the earliest appointment time they could give me.

I don't think the IRS makes phone calls @dhaley2222

It was the irs. I called the number back to make sure & the lady was right

Ok. But wowww they lost it?? Smh
mumx3

@dhaley2222 irs does not call you. It’s on their website... they would have sent you a letter

As I said before, it was most definitely the irs. I have no reason to lie & I made sure it was actually the irs.  The website may say that but I received a phone call. Also, the day before, I called to check the status of my return. I was told by the lady I spoke with she was going to put in a referral to have my account looked at. Either they were going to release my return or if anything else was needed it, they would notify me by mail. It shocked me the next day when the lady called me, to inform me that my verification packet was not received.

I'm just getting annoyed that its taking soooo long like omg!!! I'm calling again today. I hope they can tell me something new like if they're almost done or something. The tax advocates had me on hold for a hr so I hung up smh then she said the process takes weeks!

@ecarter36 I called again today and was told now to not expect anything before the end of April and apparently they only update the where’s my refund once a week, I thought it was once a day. I get a different answer every time I call smh

That is ridiculous @luvmygurlsunnie1 !!! I forgot did they tell you 45 or 60 days? Because that would be well over 45 days!

From my understanding, once I verify myself for the second time, it can take up to nine weeks.  Smh, I really want to say forget it & not deal with it. But I know I have to file my taxes yearly and I need the money

Smh well they didn't tell me I need to verify myself and the letter said I don't need to take action but I'm trying to figure out why is it taking so long to double check my info when I filed on January 26th! How was it random when I'm the only person I know still waiting on my refund? Is there anyone above the IRS to speak to? I need definite answers. They pull answers out of a hat.

I have to research this. The tax advocate line isn't any help neither. I literally just got fired and the bills are gonna start piling up.

Lol, they really do pull answers out of a hat.  My friend verified herself around the same time I did.  At the end of February. She is also still waiting for her refund & it makes no sense
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies