Solved: The IRS is holding my taxes for further review. How can i speed things up. This has never happened before and i need my money

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The IRS is holding my taxes for further review. How can i speed things up. This has never happened before and i need my money

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 1

The IRS is holding my taxes for further review. How can i speed things up. This has never happened before and i need my money

If the IRS has not sent you any letters requesting further information, there is nothing to do on your end and you simply need to wait.

If they have sent you information requests, respond to the instructions as soon as possible.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Level 1

If the IRS has not sent you any letters requesting further information, there is nothing to do on your end and you simply need to wait.

If they have sent you information requests, respond to the instructions as soon as possible.

View solution in original post

So why did this happen and am I still going to get my refund
Level 15

Only the IRS can tell you why.  You will still get your refund if they do not change anything, and you have no offsets.
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings