turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The IRS has no record of my 2019 taxes that were filed and accepted on 10/05/2020

While checking my account on IRS.gov I noticed that my 2019 tax forms were not available
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

The IRS has no record of my 2019 taxes that were filed and accepted on 10/05/2020

@ reneeellis7 wrote:
While checking my account on IRS.gov I noticed that my 2019 tax forms were not available

Log in to your Online TurboTax account and confirm at the Tax Home that your efiled return was accepted.

Then, when using the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool, be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

For the refund amount, use only the Federal refund amount.  Do not use any combined total refund figure that includes the state refund.

Look at your actual 2019 return to get the Federal refund amount.  Be sure you are using what is displayed on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a for the Federal refund amount.

You can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline.  I've seen it work for some users before when the WMR tool didn't.

800-829-1954

@reneeellis7 

Or by "checking my account" and "my tax forms were not available" at the IRS, do you mean you tried to get a return transcript or account transcript of your recently filed 2019 return?

If so, you still need to first confirm that it was accepted, as I mentioned above.

If you're referring to a transcript, see this chart, but it's really for tax returns that were filed in April, so the months shown may be misleading.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/transcript-availability

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies