thabina

The irs changed my filing status from HOH to single and recalculated my taxes. They sent out money but i didnt hear anything or receive anything.

It can take 2-4 weeks from such an adjustment for the money to be sent to you.

thabina

the adjustment was made in march, and my entitled amount was paid mid march. The irs asked me for supporting documents because they wanted more proof of my right to claim HOH. They are still reviewing my documents, but i was told that i should not have been able to claim HOH. But 1000+ was paid out. I do not have a bank acct so i definitely did not chose direct deposit, but the irs said they paid it out via direct deposit.

Did you ask to have your TT fees deducted from your refund? Or get the refund on a Netspend card?
thabina

I completely forgot about the netspend card. Which, yes, it does have the money on it. I put it off to the side while waiting to finish everything with the irs so i forgot about it.

🙂