turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

veesol426

Can I get a check instead of direct deposit ( my bank closed my account and I had already done my taxes )

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Can I get a check instead of direct deposit ( my bank closed my account and I had already done my taxes )

If the IRS attempts a direct deposit to an account that has been closed, they will automatically issue a paper check and mail it to the address on your tax return.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
veesol426

The IRS alrwady sent me a letter . But I haven't received my check . I did my taxes February 4th. And my account was closed a couple days after that . ,  hopefully I receive my check sometime this month . Thank you
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Sure!  Hope you get your check soon!  You "may" be able to track your refund (not sure about a paper check) by using the IRS "Where's My Refund" webpage.  I'll link it below for you.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/refunds">https://www.irs.gov/refunds</a>
*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
veesol426

Thank you so much .
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies