Solved: The bank dosent have my refund but the irs says theyve sent it

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The bank dosent have my refund but the irs says theyve sent it

The IRS says they've sent my refund over a week ago but the bank has no record of my refund - where is it? the account and routing info I gave Turbo Tax is good....
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

Did you haveTT fees deducted from it?

The IRS made an unusually large number of deposits on Feb 22-23. I (a user volunteer) suspect that Tax Products Group may have become overwhelmed trying to process all of these (not just from TT, but also from their other custmers), thus leading to delays. It can also take 1-5 days for your own bank to credit the deposit.

In the future, you can avoid dealing with TPG by paying your TT fees with a debit or credit card. Or, you can adjust your withholdings so that you do not have to wait for a refund at tax time.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 15

Did you haveTT fees deducted from it?

The IRS made an unusually large number of deposits on Feb 22-23. I (a user volunteer) suspect that Tax Products Group may have become overwhelmed trying to process all of these (not just from TT, but also from their other custmers), thus leading to delays. It can also take 1-5 days for your own bank to credit the deposit.

In the future, you can avoid dealing with TPG by paying your TT fees with a debit or credit card. Or, you can adjust your withholdings so that you do not have to wait for a refund at tax time.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings