lsanagustin93

The bank account number entered for my refund is incorrect. How do I get this corrected?

MichaelMc

If you have not already filed your tax return (or your return has been rejected) and want to change or edit the banking information that is shown, make sure that the box stating "I want my refund deposited into this account" is unchecked.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Continue.

You will be taken to a new screen titled, "Let's get your bank account info."

This will allow you to enter the new or updated banking information that is to be used for your 2016 direct deposit.

If you have already filed, the IRS offers the following guidance:

• "If the return hasn't already posted to our system, you can ask us to stop the direct deposit. You may call us toll-free at 800-829-1040, M - F, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
  • Generally, if the financial institution recovers the funds and returns them to the IRS, the IRS will send a paper refund check to your last known address on file with the IRS."

MichaelMc