kat000826646

The amended return shows the difference after amendments, but it does not show the original amount that I should be getting back. What do I do??

AnthonyC

The amended return is not supposed to show the original refund.  It will only show the difference between the returns.  Your refunds are paid separately.

Example:  Your original return had a refund of $600.  You amended your return and it shows a refund of $200.  You will receive two separate refunds.  The first refund of $600 will be processed by the IRS and deposited if you selected bank deposit.  The second refund of $200 from the amended return will be sent later via paper check by the IRS.

Also, you should wait until you have received your first refund before you send an amended return to the IRS.