turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am receiving my tax refund on the turbotax card... was wondering am i gonna receive my refund a few days early? i am suppose to receive it on the 22nd of feb?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am receiving my tax refund on the turbotax card... was wondering am i gonna receive my refund a few days early? i am suppose to receive it on the 22nd of feb?

Once the IRS releases the funds, the IRS FAQ page says to allow "up to 5 days" due to variations in bank processing procedures and times.

Also, once the funds have been sent, there may be another link in the chain that you can check if you used the following service:

Did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of the Federal refund?  If so, the funds go first from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.   Then that intermediary bank sends the rest of the funds on to your bank (or card.)   If you used that method to pay fees, and once the IRS has actually released the funds, we can tell you how to check on the funds at the level of the intermediary company.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

No one in a user forum can know when you will receive a direct deposit.   Where did you get the date of 2/22?   If that was from TurboTax, that is just an estimate based on averages.    Or is that date what is showing with this IRS tool?
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/Refunds">https://www.irs.gov/Refunds</a>

Thats what IRS tool is showing... I just thought i would receive it earlier because of using the turbo tax card.

The card uses an underlying bank account just like a checking account.  It will just depend on how fast the Turbo Card processes it once received.

Mine says same but i never recieved card. Trying to talk to someone is a joke. What do i do now. Card not a activated

bsmntgram55:
If you never received your Turbo Prepaid VISA Card, see this on how to reach the Card's customer support:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4617282-where-s-my-card-its-been-3weeks">https://ttlc.intuit.com/q...>

Once the IRS releases the funds, the IRS FAQ page says to allow "up to 5 days" due to variations in bank processing procedures and times.

Also, once the funds have been sent, there may be another link in the chain that you can check if you used the following service:

Did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of the Federal refund?  If so, the funds go first from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.   Then that intermediary bank sends the rest of the funds on to your bank (or card.)   If you used that method to pay fees, and once the IRS has actually released the funds, we can tell you how to check on the funds at the level of the intermediary company.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies