turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I stop the direct debit on my 1040 return after efiling already but the due date for the direct debit has not been reached yet.

I scheduled direct debit to be on 4/15 and also paid again to the IRS to be debited on 4/15.  How do I stop the direct debit through turbo tax so I don't end up with two payments.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieR
Expert Alumni

How do I stop the direct debit on my 1040 return after efiling already but the due date for the direct debit has not been reached yet.

If you wish to stop the scheduled direct debit for your federal tax payment, please contact IRS e-file payment services, right away, at 1-888-353-4537 for assistance in canceling the existing scheduled payment.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JulieR
Expert Alumni

If you wish to stop the scheduled direct debit for your federal tax payment, please contact IRS e-file payment services, right away, at 1-888-353-4537 for assistance in canceling the existing scheduled payment.

Made the call and they stopped the debit right away. Thank you
JulieR
Expert Alumni

That's great to know.  Thank you.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies