turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My 2016 turbo tax won’t print on my Mac.

When I get to the screen where it asks me “How do you want your $1276 refund?” No matter which answer I click, when I hit continue, the little rainbow icon just spins forever. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

That is a incompatibility with Mac OSX 10.13 that did not exist when TurboTax 2016 was released so it will not be fixed. It has to do with the way OSX 10.13 handles the instructions to open the screen that Apple changed.

The workaround, if you want direct deposit or debit is to not press any button, but to switch to the forms mode, and on the Info Wks part V, manually check direct deposit or direct debt box, fill in the bank routing and account number and return to the interview - the screen will now be opened with the bank information.

If you want a mailed check, then that is the default. Again switch to the forms mode to be sure then both direct deposit and debit boxes are marked no.

Use the File -> Print -> Print for filing and print, sign and mail the return. There is no need to return to the interview since the next screen when you want a check mailed is an option to add "Audit defense for $59.99" and then to print for filing.

[If you do want to purchase Audit Defense, I suggest purchasing directly from https://intuit.taxaudit.com/ ]

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4139594-turbotax-mac-turbotax-2016-becomes-unresponsive-after-upgr...

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

View solution in original post

2 Replies

By any chance do you have the CD still in the drive?
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

That is a incompatibility with Mac OSX 10.13 that did not exist when TurboTax 2016 was released so it will not be fixed. It has to do with the way OSX 10.13 handles the instructions to open the screen that Apple changed.

The workaround, if you want direct deposit or debit is to not press any button, but to switch to the forms mode, and on the Info Wks part V, manually check direct deposit or direct debt box, fill in the bank routing and account number and return to the interview - the screen will now be opened with the bank information.

If you want a mailed check, then that is the default. Again switch to the forms mode to be sure then both direct deposit and debit boxes are marked no.

Use the File -> Print -> Print for filing and print, sign and mail the return. There is no need to return to the interview since the next screen when you want a check mailed is an option to add "Audit defense for $59.99" and then to print for filing.

[If you do want to purchase Audit Defense, I suggest purchasing directly from https://intuit.taxaudit.com/ ]

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4139594-turbotax-mac-turbotax-2016-becomes-unresponsive-after-upgr...

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies