turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

whit33648

It's been almost 2 weeks since my refund has been accepted, why can't I check my return status on the irs website?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

It's been almost 2 weeks since my refund has been accepted, why can't I check my return status on the irs website?

I need to know why as well. It was accepted on the 31. Of January
ChristyW

First, make sure you have the correct numbers to check your refund. Start here, with step 1, and check your refund amount on TurboTax: https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/wheres-my-refund/

The IRS started officially accepting tax returns on 01/29/2018. After acceptance, the next step is for the government to review your refundIt can take up to 21 calendar days after acceptance for the IRS to issue your refund, although most refunds go more quickly than that, while a small handful may take a bit longer.

If you are affected by the PATH Act, the IRS cannot issue refunds for people claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) before mid-February 2018. 

[Edited 2.11.2018 | 12:49 PM Pst]

kira776

That didn’t answer the question about why they can’t cbeck the status
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies