Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

swttsai

Which version of Turbo Tax to download to amend 2016 Fed return? I used Turbo Tax Self-employed version for 2016, bur there's no such version to download. Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Which version of Turbo Tax to download to amend 2016 Fed return? I used Turbo Tax Self-employed version for 2016, bur there's no such version to download. Thanks.

The Home & Business version of the download is the same as the online version of Self-Employed. The download version has always been called Home & Business; but online was re-named Self-Employed. 

However, you can use any of the download versions to amend the 2016 return. You can find them here Past Year Software versions but Home & Business will offer more guidance for self-employed entry of information. 

If you used TurboTax online in web browser last year, go here How do I amend my 2016 TurboTax Online return? and follow those steps. 

Once you have the software, follow steps here How do I amend my 2016 return in the TurboTax CD/Download software? to amend. If you did not use TurboTax online last year, you will need to purchase the software first and then use this link to follow amend steps. 

Related Topics:

View solution in original post

3 Replies

The Home & Business version of the download is the same as the online version of Self-Employed. The download version has always been called Home & Business; but online was re-named Self-Employed. 

However, you can use any of the download versions to amend the 2016 return. You can find them here Past Year Software versions but Home & Business will offer more guidance for self-employed entry of information. 

If you used TurboTax online in web browser last year, go here How do I amend my 2016 TurboTax Online return? and follow those steps. 

Once you have the software, follow steps here How do I amend my 2016 return in the TurboTax CD/Download software? to amend. If you did not use TurboTax online last year, you will need to purchase the software first and then use this link to follow amend steps.