turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why did my refund go from 720 to 40$ after i amended? And when will i get the 720$ why did it go down on the state as well? And what do i need to mail in?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why did my refund go from 720 to 40$ after i amended? And when will i get the 720$ why did it go down on the state as well? And what do i need to mail in?

If you are looking at the refund meter off to the side - during the amendment process it only shows the differences from changes you made from your original return.  Your original refund will still be paid to you.  So, if your original refund was $1000 and now after changes it says $40, that means you will get $1000 from your original return and then $40 from your amendment.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

If you are looking at the refund meter off to the side - during the amendment process it only shows the differences from changes you made from your original return.  Your original refund will still be paid to you.  So, if your original refund was $1000 and now after changes it says $40, that means you will get $1000 from your original return and then $40 from your amendment.

Thanks boss and do i need to send in my new w2 with the amended 1040x form in the nail

Yes, for this you will send a copy of new W2 with it.

Thanks Anthony!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies