Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Taxes didn’t get accepted yet

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

For most people the IRS will not start processing returns until January 27, so most people who efile now will be in "pending" status and won't know anything further about the efile status until after January 27, except for a few returns that are pulled early for testing purposes.    Once the IRS opens, it generally takes 24-48 hours to hear if accepted or rejected, but there can be a backlog at first.

To check the efile status periodically you can log back into your Online TurboTax account and check the status at the Tax Home page.  You should also get an email notice when the return is accepted or rejected.  But as I said above, for most people that will be after January 27, unless drawn early.

brandiflanagan79
Returning Member

How come other tax services are getting their customers processed and some even paid well before the 27th, but turbotax is not? Holding taxes to mass file? Why lie and say the irs doesn't accept til then when its turbotax doesn't file til the 27th?! Bad business 

@ brandiflanagan79 wrote:

How come other tax services are getting their customers processed and some even paid well before the 27th, but turbotax is not? Holding taxes to mass file? Why lie and say the irs doesn't accept til then when its turbotax doesn't file til the 27th?! Bad business 

That's why I said above that "most people" won't know before January 27.  Please read this IRS press release about the January 27 date.

IRS Opens 2020 Filing Season for Individuals on January 27
https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

The IRS does take a few returns early each year for testing purposes.   And just like other tax services, there have been "some" TurboTax users whose returns were indeed pulled early, and some of them have reported such in this forum.  But most people will have to wait until soon after January 27 to find out if their returns are accepted or rejected.   This is the same year after year when the IRS first starts up.

TurboTax would have no benefit in keeping filers' returns from the IRS.   In early filing season, prior to official opening, the IRS actively retrieves returns from TurboTax servers when they choose to.    On Monday, January 27, the IRS will start pulling much larger batches.

Giacuevas

My Efile was rejected with code 002 and on the email instructions it says not to file before Jan 27th 2020 11:59pm and the rest goes to erase my W2 & reenter again?! But it doesnt take me to any errors I missed or info I missed ... I read 002 was jst a internal error and to jst refile again? Another thing am I getting charged twice to refile if it was rejected the first time??

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

When we discover a program issue or bug that can potentially cause transmitted returns to be incorrect, our Electronic Filing Center immediately puts a stop hold on all affected returns. These returns remain in pending status until the fix has been released. Once the fix is ready, we bounce the return back with a REJ002 code, along with an e-mail that contains specific instructions on how to apply the fix.

Please click the TurboTax Help link, listed below, to learn more. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/what-is-rej002-internal-reject/00/25534

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies