Solved: Taxes already filed. Received 1099INT form for $50 sign on bonus from a bank acct opening. Should I amend my return?

Me21

Taxes already filed. Received 1099INT form for $50 sign on bonus from a bank acct opening. Should I amend my return?

Rachel_W

Yes, you will most likely need to Amend your return to include the $50 interest income.

Since you have already filed, you will need to wait and see if the IRS Accepts or Rejects your Tax Return. 

• If the IRS Rejects your return, you will be able to add your Form 1099-INT and make any other needed changes and then resubmit the return. 
  • If the IRS Accepts your return, then you will need to wait until the IRS fully processes your return and you receive your refund. Then you will need to Amend your Tax Return by filing Form 1040-X to include the Form 1099-INT.  You can click here for instructions on Amending your tax return: How to Change a Tax Return You Already Filed

[Keep in mind, the IRS has been processing some test returns, but they don't "officially" start processing returns until January 28, 2019.  Also, Form 1040-X won't be available until the end of January.]

Rachel_W

Me21

Thank you!
Rachel_W

You're welcome!
hvictoryman

My son Frederick has filed, I have not, My name is David J Howey and my wife is Diana Howey, I would like to file our taxes