Just to clarify, do you suspect someone filed a fraudulent tax return using your information or has someone accessed your TurboTax account?
If you suspect you've been a victim of stolen identity tax refund fraud, the IRS is there to help you. It recommends that you take these steps immediately:
- Answer any IRS written notice you receive by calling the number provided on the notice or visiting IDVerify.irs.gov.
- Fill out IRS Form 14039, Identity Theft Affidavit and attach it to your tax return.
- File tax returns and pay your taxes even as the fraud is being resolved.
- File a complaint with the FTC at identitytheft.gov.
- Place a fraud alert on your credit records by phoning one of the three principal credit agencies.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Still have questions?Make a post