kangsuj92

Stimulus check- balance of 0

Hi,

I don't have to file my taxes but I recently filed my taxes to get the stimulus check (not through turbo tax) and it said it didn't need my banking info because I have balance of 0 (no refund, no payment required). When I try to do the stimulus filing from turbo tax, it tells me that I can't do it because I have already filed my taxes. I would really like to get my direct deposit info in the IRS. Is there any way I can do it? Should I just go ahead and file the Stimulus filing from turbo tax?

Thank you so much!

MinhT1

Stimulus check- balance of 0

As you have already filed a tax return for 2019, you cannot register for the stimulus payment on the TurboTax web portal.

However, in the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

MinhT1

Stimulus check- balance of 0