turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Snh
Level 1

Still waiting for our tax return , filed injured spouse on Feb. 14. When can we expect the return

I filed my injured spouse return electronically with the 8379 form on April 15th i.was accepted by the end of the day on April 15th .it is now August 8th and we are still waiting and have not heard anything at all! No approval. No denial. I check our transcript online every single day because that will be the first thing to have changes..onc I see a change on the transcript then I will begin to check Santa Barbara tax products website because it will show once they receive any money from the IRS then it will take a few days maybe a week for Santa Barbara tax products to deposit the money into my account that is the bank that TurboTax uses...their website is very simple ..you put in your social security number then the expected refund amount then you're filing category  such as married filing jointly married filing separately etc.

Snh
Level 1

Still waiting for our tax return , filed injured spouse on Feb. 14. When can we expect the return

Have you seen received your refund yet and if so how long did it take to receive it

Jtsgirl1999
Returning Member

I just received my refund yesterday after 21 long weeks. Thank God I was one of the lucky ones not needing the money immediately as my children are all grown and due to a recent job change, I had almost all my debt paid off. It was the fact that my spouse earned absolutely no income for the year I solely provided for my family and yet they took that long to process my claim.

Did you end of recieving your taxes I'm going through the same thing?

Mia2

Hello All , 

I Still have not received refund . My injured spouse form was received on April 29th . I m wondering if the debt owed has anything to do wether it gets approved or not ? If y’all don’t mind me asking what debt it was to be applied to ? For mines it was my husband child support . 

Thank you ! 

Jtsgirl1999
Returning Member

Yes about a week ago, with interest but filed at the end of March..I would start calling every other day...Thank God I was not in need of the money as many people here were. I felt so much sympathy for those waiting and in such dire need of it..It was ridiculous the amount of time it took this year...

Jtsgirl1999
Returning Member

Mia, ours was for child support also..my husband owed like 1200 the child is 25.. when he got hurt and couldn't work I agreed to take out a 4000 college loan in exchange for the Ex stopping the support.. Needless to say the state did a crappy job of keeping up with the order..anyway I was able to get it straightened out but it took 21 weeks and that's the average for everyone it seems..I called every other day to let them know I was waiting the last couple of weeks...it was hilarious because I really didn't need the money and after interest and me being the bread winner the state got 128.. and had to refund it with interest

We filed taxes in March 2019, got notification refund would be offset due to husband's past support on his kids which I completely forgot about. Mailed out injured spouse paperwork April 23, 2019...it's August 15, 2019 and have called 3 times and still nothing new to report. But boy if we owed them money it would be taken immediately. 

Jtsgirl1999
Returning Member

I filed everything at once because the state notified my husband and we fought it..The child is 25..and He has 24000. In college loan debt for her and her sister..it amazes me how bad the system treats the Fathers..If the mother was injured or had job loss she would get state everything and reduced child support owed..But my understanding was it could take up to 12 more weeks from the time the amended return is filed

Mia2

Thanks ! I was a little worried . This is the first time this had happened to us but what is weird is that on the child support page it shows the payment was paid out so I m curious if she then has to pay it back or how that whole process works . And if everyone is around the 21 weeks time frame , I prob won’t hear back until mid September . I am also the bread winner and I m hopefully I ll get the entire refund because on the In injured spouse form I used the one from turbo tax and it split the deductions 50%. 

Mia2

@bryantsdesigns, 

we prob will find out around the same time, so prob like mid September. They told me to call back 30 days from the last time I called so I ll let you know what they say on the 20th. 

Mia2

Yes it is so crazy! There are some really good dads out there and get no credit whatsoever! 

Daloisioc
Returning Member

Did you get it yet? 

@lynettewilliamso 

Daloisioc
Returning Member

Did you ever get your return ? I filled in May just wondering if I’ll ever get my return ugh

Nope. It’s been 17 weeks now and I haven’t received anything. Just hoping and praying it will come soon. My kids need clothes and shoes. 

Manage cookies