turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Still have gotten my tax refund yet

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

Still have gotten my tax refund yet

When was your return "Accepted"? check the status of your e-filed return, here - e-file status lookup tool. If your return was accepted less than 21 days ago, hang in there. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to go from acceptance to approval. 

For the most up to date information Where’s My Refund? will give you a personalized date once they approve your refund. 

Here is the general timeline of e-filed returns:

Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

If it is past 21 days, even though the IRS issues 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days, it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process. Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for additional information.

If you are concerned, you can contact the IRS directly to see if they can give you a status update on your refund.

To contact the IRS call 800-829-1040 

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

Why do some refunds take longer than others?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302330

Manage cookies