turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Myrefund status says it is delayed and gives reference number 1541 am I ok? but doesn't say to contact the irs

No they told me it's because of the path act

Myrefund status says it is delayed and gives reference number 1541 am I ok? but doesn't say to contact the irs

Mines updated to processing at 2am then this morning when I check it update to reference code 1541. Anyone know what this means? Am I being audited?

Same with me. I had 1bar then updated to still being processed, and an hour later I updated to this code 1541. I never had any problems with my return I file my same two kids. I have no offsets I'm so confused and it's a holiday weekend.

How long will this take or next big up date ?
vstone999

1541 could mean 3 things... 1. You're claiming EIC or Child Credits. 2. They need to verify your identity. Or 3. They are back logged. Most likely (90%) it's #1. They are legally required to delay processing those credits until Feb 15th so they won't be depositing funds for them until the last week of February.

I read on a site ( cant remember which one but i was looking up info about when we will start to receive funds) that there will be a mass update on feb 23. For most claiming eice or child credits. Just trying to stay positive that, that's it.
vstone999

I heard the same thing. The 15th happened to fall on presidents day weekend so they're mass updating after.

Mine is still saying take action and call if I have any questions. I called Friday when it first appeared and the lady said it was because of the path act but my mom and friend got updated and theirs says they’ll be getting there’s Friday the 22nd I’ll definitely be calling Tuesday

Do they have eitc  or the child tax credit  I got both those

Yes they do.

I had the 1541 code. I never had the path Message I always had 1bar... always said being processed. And I filed on 01/28 accepted same day. Then I updated again to still being processed. With no bars with take action code 1541. Updated this morning to a ddd of 2/22 today I think made my 21 days hope every one update. That code is a glitch. You can update anytime. Good luck guys..

Thank you! Will keep everyone posted

You should all be seeing a date now unless you have to take action and verify some of your information.

When I called Friday they didn’t say nothing about me having to identify my identity. If anything changes before Tuesday I’ll let everyone know. My sister says hers is still processing  

Still at 1541, claiming both child credits.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies