masonman74

State says i don't get the refund turbo tax determined i would get but i owe them

Lakeisha

Turbo Tax Software goes by the Information that you Input into the Software.

If you owe the State or Federal back Taxes, sometimes it may say on the left hand side of your Screen Taxes owed not Due.

If you received wages that are taxable by a State, the State may be entitled to a certain amount of annual tax total that your employer may not have been deducting enough each payroll period to cover it.

This is the simplest scenario.

If in fact you owe a Amount to the State they normally would send you a letter explaining why they intercepted payment.

I would contact your Local State Office again for more detailed information.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Biff8882

Same problem. Ohio return indicated $2 refund when completed and filed in TurboTax but they sent me a notice saying I owe $50. I called them and the copy they show that was e-filed agrees that I owe $50. Again, my copy from TurboTax indicates a $2 refund. How do I rectify this now that the filing is suspect and I can’t trust TurboTax?