Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

State Return Amend help

Yesterday I filed my taxes and but realized this morning that I had selected Full Time residency when I was actually living here (KY) part time. This changed my amount from - $1,000 to +$200. After going through the Amend process and paying to file for the other state I lived in for half the year (IN), the amount owed now has skyrocketed up to $1,600. I'm guessing from the Indiana state tax + the previous incorrect KY state tax amount. It shows my state returns are still pending, but there is no record that I had gone through the amend process and am now showing a KY amount of + $212.

My question is, what do I do now? I don't want to pay the 1,000 bucks for KY tax because it's associated with the incorrect information. I also don't want to get penalized for not paying. I do plan to pay, but I want to pay the correct amount. Thanks for anyone who can give me advice on what to do.