Solved: So our actual refund from the IRS was a few hundre...

rothermels

So our actual refund from the IRS was a few hundred dollars less than TurboTax's estimate. I wonder if this should be any cause for concern?

It's not even the money itself that I'm concerned about, just that somewhere along the line the IRS thought our taxes were off at all (at least based off of the meager information we have, which admittedly is only what TurboTax thinks we were owed and what actually showed up in the bank account). Is this common? FYI that the IRS obviously accepted our return and the refund we did get was exceedingly fast.

The IRS will be sending you a letter about this; they do not notify TT.   It might be as simple as an adjustment for a data entry error.

rothermels

Thanks for the fast reply, fingers crossed that's all it is. Much appreciated.

rothermels

Oddly enough, the letter from the IRS came the day I made this post! It makes sense after their calculations, kind of makes me wonder what TurboTax missed that made this happen though.