turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cnguy215

Trying to find out the status of my refund and whenever I check it. It keeps saying my information doesn’t match.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

146 Replies

Trying to find out the status of my refund and whenever I check it. It keeps saying my information doesn’t match.

I am having this SAME exact problem !!! Everything is absolutely correct but yet it’s saying my information doesn’t match !!! I did some research and this lady said hers was doing this too so she called the IRS & they told her it’s because it’s still being processed and review even though it’s been accepted for a long time .... they won’t let you login until it’s finished . So happy to know I’m not the only person experiencing this hope it helps I’m still waiting .too 

cnguy215

I filed mines on the 17th and I should have been getting mines by now. Glad I’m not the only one.

I’m having this issue with the state

This is just made my night, lol thought I was the only one!

Just wanted to advise that my bars disappeared and it was saying Incorrect info being entered due to me having to do a ID Verify with the IRS . I filed on 1/28 and bars gone/incorrect amount 02/04 called IRS 02/08 advised of need to verify got letter 02/14 and called to verify same day. Still saying I entered wrong info

This is crazy I keep hearing the same stuff .... I did research and a lady said she had to do the same thing verify her ID she said when she called they said it’s not popping up because it’s been processed . It’s weird when I put my info on the online it says may have entered incorrectly but everything is correct once I renter on the irs website it givesme the topic 152 ... however when I enter it in the APP it says wrong information . I filed on 1/30 and was accepted 1/30 haven’t been able to check since but everyone has bars and has dates . A lot of people have commented on here saying they’re experiencing the same thing and I’m glad it’s not just me . I don’t see how turbo tax check your status can bring up my refund but not the irs

Also when I read topic 152 it’s about refund timing , it says it won’t let you login until you’ve been accepted for 21 days but most of us have !!!! Why are other people being able to login if it hasn’t been 21 days yet ? My 21 days hit is tomorrow !!   Still can’t check I’m going to have to call the irs smh if one of y’all do please comment what they say

OMG guys !!! I called the irs , payments are being sent the 27th !!! If you’re tying to login and it’s saying your information doesn’t match GO TO YOUR 2018 tax return and look what status you filed under .... USE THE SAME STATUS YOU FILED UNDER 2018 even if it’s not right ... example : I filed a single for my first time this year but every year before was HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD the lady told me to login using head of household and booooom there goes my refund status . I didn’t correct her either I knew what I filed under I just did it anyway and it worked I actually saw my status !!!

Same. This worked for me, just now. I also found another comment where someone else has called the irs and they said that everything should be updated as of the 23rd. Most eic recipients will not be released until the 27th. We are supposed to wait until then. Just an FYI...

So I am supposed to enter the incorrect info to get my status? If I’m understanding correctly... I have filed Head of household for 3 years straight. So I should enter Single and they will give me my refund status ?

So did the IRS switch that or what? I’m so confused lol

Idk man, I’ve always filed head of household...today I put in single and it said my return is being processed. It’s the very first time it didn’t say my info was incorrect in a week. No clue what is going on. Lol

Basically YES enter the WRONG INFO lol this is crazy because it WORKED FOR ME.... I didn’t correct the irs lady I told her I filed as single this year her exact words were “do you have your 2018 tax return? I said no... she pulled it up and was like no you’re head of household ... login it under that .... I did and boom after weeks of getting “info doesn’t match” it freaking worked the irs basically changes your status back idk ? But it worked lol we worked together y’all

So if you’re logging on the check my refund with correct info and you’re getting the message “sorry the information you entered doesn’t match “ try login with whatever status you filed under LAST YEAR , USE THAT INSTEAD !!!!! Ex: if you’re head of household last year but single this year PUT HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD. Even if it is incorrect (sounds crazy as h*ll) but it should work . It literally worked for me today . if it doesn’t call the irs ASAP it’s probably a verify ID situation.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies