Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Saroshi

So I accidentally typed the wrong EIN # for my 1099-R. I went back to fix it, entered the right EIN # and now its saying that I have to file my taxes by mail. Plz help?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

So I accidentally typed the wrong EIN # for my 1099-R. I went back to fix it, entered the right EIN # and now its saying that I have to file my taxes by mail. Plz help?

To assist you with your question, was the EIN correction made before or after you have efile your tax return? If you have already efile your return before the correction was made, you will need to wait for your return to be either "Accepted" or "Rejected" before making any changes. 

If you have not efile or got "Rejected" and made the correction, then you should still be able to efile your return. If you corrected the information and resubmit the e-file and it continues to reject, then the name or EIN for an employer on your W-2 or 1099-MISC doesn't match IRS records, therefore you would have to contact your employer.

To make the correction on your tax return after it was "Accepted." Then, you must amend your return via using the mail filing method. To amend your return, please follow the following instruction for your tax year. https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies