I received a 1099-R for a closed company funded pension. I had the company transfer the money directly into a Roth IRA. I was told I would be paying tax on the money as it was not going into a traditional IRA. The 1099-R is as follows: gross distribution amount is correct, box 2a is 0.00, box 2b Total distribution box is "X", and box 7 is "G". I would think box 2a should be equal to the gross distribution as it was a purely company funded pension. Having trouble getting help from Human Resources to try to get corrected form if needed. Thanks
I can not find out where to start the process to fill out a corrected 1099R. Because I have had money come out correctly in previous years, the form shows up partially filled. Do I need to start a blank form to pick that choice.
Yes, as you enter 1099R information, you will see a screen that looks like the screenshot I included below. this is where you tell you program you want to enter substitute 1099R information.
- Go to federal>wages and income>all income
- Retirement plans and Social Security>show more
- Ira (401K), pension plan Withdrawals(1099R) Start
- Here you will enter your 1099R as accurately as you can.
- After entering, you will have a series of follow up questions. Continue until you see a screen just like the one you see below.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"