alijbili49

Should I include a tax refund for wrong adjustment on 2014 1040 in my 2016 return?

In 2016 the IRS recognized a mistake in adjusting my 2014 federal income tax and refunded me 3079.86 with interest of 80.06. Should I include the refund in my 2016 federal income tax return? 

The federal tax refund is not entered on a federal tax return.

The interest paid from the IRS is entered on the federal tax return.  On the Form 1099-INT enter the IRS as the payer name and the amount of interest received in box 1.

Enter 1099-int in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to 1099-int