lydiben

Should I filed an amended tax return after original was accepted by IRS after I received a late 1099 Misc. but this income was already included with my original return?

I filed my 2018 return and it was accepted by IRS.  Received a late 1099 misc. but the income was already included with my original under other income column. Do I send IRS a 1040X and when should I send it

MinhT

If you have already included the income reported on the form 1099-MISC on your original return, you do not need to amend your return. Your original return was already correct.

Just keep the form 1099-MISC with your tax records for at least 3 years.

MinhT