turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Should I be concerned? Over 21 days and no federal refund yet. Just for reference, we claimed the adoption tax credit this year, would that cause a delay?

We had several credits this year: dependent, child care, etc.  I'm thinking this may be causing the delay but I'm not sure.  This year is a bit more complicated tax situation for us with a new dependent so I'm just wondering when/if I should be concerned.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

Should I be concerned? Over 21 days and no federal refund yet. Just for reference, we claimed the adoption tax credit this year, would that cause a delay?

Only the IRS knows why your return is still being processed after 21 days. See  What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I've been trying to call them but the number provided in the video you linked isn't working.  It says the line isn't available and shuts off.  I've tried calling several of their posted numbers and it says calls can't be completed and turns off.

PattiF
Expert Alumni

Why is my refund taking so long?

The IRS has a backlog due to changes in the tax law and the stimulus payments. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies