Should I be concerned? Over 21 days and no federal...

Justin2013

Should I be concerned? Over 21 days and no federal refund yet. Just for reference, we claimed the adoption tax credit this year, would that cause a delay?

We had several credits this year: dependent, child care, etc.  I'm thinking this may be causing the delay but I'm not sure.  This year is a bit more complicated tax situation for us with a new dependent so I'm just wondering when/if I should be concerned.
HelenC12

Only the IRS knows why your return is still being processed after 21 days. See  What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days?

Justin2013

I've been trying to call them but the number provided in the video you linked isn't working.  It says the line isn't available and shuts off.  I've tried calling several of their posted numbers and it says calls can't be completed and turns off.

pattif12

Why is my refund taking so long?

The IRS has a backlog due to changes in the tax law and the stimulus payments.