rachelle0207

Should I amend my tax return if the unemployment tax credit affects my EITC amount? My new AGI qualifies me for more EITC than I got back, will IRS automatically process?

DavidD66

If you claimed the EITC on your original return, you should NOT amend. When the IRS calculates the refund you are due, they will also include any additional amount for the EITC.

Taxpayers only need to file an amended return if the recalculations make them newly eligible for additional federal tax credits or deductions not already included on their original tax return.

DavidD66

rachelle0207

Thank you!

LinaJ2020

You are welcome!