Should I amend my 2018 taxes if I neglected to enter the full year of medical premiums that I paid while itemizing deductions?

rtwilson1115

I only entered one month of premiums I paid. Could this make a difference on my taxes owed?
KatrinaB

It depends on the total amount of medical expenses that you are currently claiming. You only get to deduct the portion of your 2018 medical expenses that exceed 7.5% of your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI). If your current medical expenses are over or close to being over the 7.5% threshold then you will benefit by including these expenses.